The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD has launched the 2023 CLÁR Scheme. CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in rural areas that have experienced significant levels of de-population.
CLÁR Programme for 2023
The 2023 CLÁR programme will be delivered through three separate Measures as follows:
Measure 1: Developing Community Facilities & Amenities
Measure 2: Mobility, Cancer Care and Community First Responders
Measure 3: ‘Our Islands’
Measure 1 Developing Community Facilities & Amenities
The maximum level of funding for any individual project is €50,000 and grant-funding is at a rate of 90% of total project costs.
Types of Intervention eligible (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Small scale renovation works to community centres
- Multi-Use Games Areas (MUGAs)/Astro-Turf facilities including upgrades
- Playgrounds/Skateboard parks/Pump tracks/Cycling tracks
- Walking/Running/Athletics tracks
- Handball Alleys/Tennis Courts/Basketball Courts/Cricket Grounds
- Community Gyms/Community Cinemas
- Sensory Gardens/Community Gardens/Allotments
- Access to unique local heritage sites/areas of natural beauty
- Outdoor Bowling Areas/Outdoor Toilet Facilities/Car Parking
- Improving access at sports grounds e.g. development/upgrade of spectator stands at local sports grounds with a particular focus on improving access for people of all abilities and ages
Grant Range €5,000 up to €50,000
Please contact Aisling Kierans, Community Development Section or your local Municipal District Office to discuss potential projects for submission to this scheme as early as possible:
- Aisling Kierans, Community Development – 047 73707
- Ballybay/Clones Municipal District Office – 047 51018
- Carrickmacross/Castleblayney Municipal District Office – 042 9661236
- Monaghan Municipal District Office – 047 73777
Completed Expression of Interest for Measure 1 must be submitted in WORD format directly to Monaghan County Council by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications to Monaghan County Council is 4.00 p.m. on Monday 8th May 2023.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Measure 2 Mobility, Cancer Care and Community First Responders
This scheme will cover costs of a vehicle and/or the fit out of a vehicle where necessary. The Department encourages the purchase of hybrid/electric vehicles where possible.
Between 80% and 90% funding available
Completed applications for Measure 2 should be emailed directly to the Department of Rural & Community Development at email@example.com by Friday 12th May 2023.
Measure 3 ‘Our Islands’
- Island Community Transport – this measure will cover the cost of:
- the purchase of hybrid/electric vehicles (and fit out, where necessary)
- PV solar panels to be erected on community facilities which are generating electricity for a connected electric vehicle charging point. This must be in tandem with the purchase of a hybrid/electric vehicle.
2. Island Community Amenities – This Measure will consider supports for the enhancement of existing and/or the development of new accessible community amenities.
Up to 90% funding available
Completed applications for Measure 3 should be emailed directly to the Department of Rural & Community Development at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 6th June 2023.
Application forms and guidelines are available on Monaghan County Council’s website at https://monaghan.ie/communitydevelopment/category/grantsfunding-schemes/