Data Protection Acts 1988 -2018 (as amended) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Data Subject Notification
Visioning Report for Lough Muckno Estate – Public Consultation
The purpose of this notification is to set out some information regarding the collection and processing of your information by Monaghan County Council. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal data from members of the public in respect of submissions received for the above. Monaghan County Council is the data controller in respect of this data.
Monaghan County Council creates, collects and processes a significant amount of ‘personal data’ and ‘sensitive personal data’ in various multiple formats daily. Our commitment is to ensure that the personal data supplied is:
- Obtained lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for only specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained,
- Recorded, stored accurately and where necessary kept up to date,
- Kept for no longer that is necessary, and, in a form, which permits identification of the data subject,
- Processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing of the data.
For full details of the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data by us and your rights in this regard, please see our full Privacy Notice on the website.
What data we collect and process
The types of personal data that we will collect, and process includes your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if provided).
We do not collect any Special Category Personal data for this activity.
Why do we collect this personal data?
We collect and process this information in order to communicate and administer the relationship between you and us for the purpose of your submission in respect of the Visioning Report for Lough Muckno Estate Public Consultation Process.
Third party personal data in submissions:
In cases where a person decides to submit the personal information of another person in their submission, they must:
- Notify that person that they are providing their personal information to the Council and obtain their permission, OR
- Provide that person with a copy of this Privacy Notice.
What happens to your submission?
Submissions made either online, by email or in hard copy are processed in the following manner: –
- The submissions are collated by the Tourism Officer.
- A report on any submissions or observations received is prepared for circulation to the Elected Representatives and contains a list of the persons or bodies who made written submissions or observations, and a summary of the issues arising from the submissions.
- In the appendices, copies of the full written submissions will be provided.
- In relation to the online survey, a summary of the results will be provided (individuals not identified), with all responses provided under the ‘open’ questions also included.
- This report shall be published online.
How long do we hold your personal data held for?
We will keep your information for the lifetime of this project.
Lawfulness of processing
We process this data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and in exercise of official authority vested in us as the controller, under Section 66 of the Local Government Act 2001 and Article 6 (1) (e) GDPR.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties, including for example Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government and other government agencies, where required to do so by law. We may also share your data with other Local Authorities, suppliers and other third parties who assist us in fulfilling our functions. Further information regarding the sharing of your personal data can be found in our Privacy Notice which is available at: Privacy Notice
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your Personal Data, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted –
By email: email@example.com
By phone: (047) 30507
Postal Address: Monaghan County Council, County Offices, The Glen, Monaghan