Healthy Ireland is a government-led initiative aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of everyone living in Ireland.
We are working across Government and with all our partners at this time to deliver the wellbeing campaign together.
Eating well is of huge importance to your overall health. Here at Healthy Ireland, we’ve rounded up some of the first steps you can take to make a difference.
Further information: Gov.ie: Eatng Well
A Healthy Eating Booklet
Produced by young people from Aghabog Foróige Club this booklet encourages young people to make healthy lifestyle choices. It contains a collection of their favorite healthy recipes from members and leaders of the club. In producing this booklet, the group took part in a number of workshops with a dietician who explained the importance of healthy eating and how easy it can be.
Safefood have lots of practical healthy eating resources on their website and YouTube channel
- The 101 Square Meals recipe book: https://www.safefood.eu/SafeFood/media/SafeFoodLibrary/Documents/Healthy%20Eating/101_Square_Meals.pdf
- 10 ways to keep active and healthy at home: https://www.safefood.eu/START/Ten-ways-to-keep-active-and-healthy-at-home.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1ycenQ7rRjc5O4EIH24CaKZYZ3dU422wTN88V6HksmhCyXMzFnWEyeE3E
- Family meal plans for three weeks: https://www.safefood.eu/START/Your-Tools/Meal-Planner.aspx
- Healthy snack ideas: https://www.safefood.eu/START/Healthy-Meals/Healthy-snack-ideas.aspx
- 6 One Pot Dinners (How to make: Chicken casserole, Thai green chicken curry, Beef stew, Beef casserole, Chicken curry, Pork stir fry) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh7gvGGhPbb3TTVZr4NBOfYTuRS_ufWD1
- 7 Easy recipes (How to make: porridge, an omelette, orange and carrot soup, beef stroganoff, chickpea and lentil curry, fish pie, banana bread) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh7gvGGhPbb1p-pE3_K58nXPz_-ujevkj
- The recipe and list of ingredients are on each YouTube page and there is also a link at the bottom of the page that brings you onto the safefood recipe page: e.g. https://www.safefood.eu/Recipes/Dinner/Chickpea-and-lentil-curry.aspx