Heritage Ireland 2030 Consultation
Monaghan County Council Heritage Office will be holding an open information and advice evening from 4:30pm – 8:00pm in the Market House, Monaghan on Thursday 7 February 2019 for anyone interested in engaging with the submission process for the new National Heritage Plan. The last heritage plan was published in 2002, so it’s important to get involved now during this “policy window” as so many things have changed since then, primarily the number of people involved in heritage projects and the growing expertise at a local level. We’d love to help you get involved to make your submission.
Details of the local event in Monaghan:
Heritage Ireland 2030 – Our new National Heritage Plan
Monaghan Have Your Say
The Market House, Monaghan Town.
Thursday 7 February 2019
4:30 – 8:00pm
For details on the National Heritage Plan and the consultation document , please see: https://www.chg.gov.ie/heritage/heritageireland2030/
Have your say:
- Have your say by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Have your say online (survey monkey)
- Have your say by post (Custom House, Dublin 1, D01 W6XO)
- Attend a workshop (details to be announced)
(Note- Consultation Closing Date 28 February 2019)
Heritage Ireland 2030– a new national heritage plan
- Heritage Ireland 2030 is the Government’s commitment to a revitalised and refreshed National Heritage Plan.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will recognise the vital role our heritage plays in our community, our economy and our society.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will be a coherent, comprehensive and inspiring framework of values, principles and strategic priorities which will guide and inform the heritage sector over the next decade.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will enshrine the shared responsibility of people, communities, businesses and local and national Government in protecting our heritage and ensuring it is cared for into the future.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will help us enjoy, understand and care for our heritage.
Heritage Ireland 2030 will be formed around three Themes, built on a vision of our heritage being valued and protected for future generations, cherished and enjoyed:
Each of these Themes will have specific actions and objectives, shaped by this public consultation.