Welcome to County Monaghan’s Portal
Monaghan’s vibrant landscape is full of gentle hills, stunning lakes, small vibrant market Towns and quaint rural Villages. It offers a range of outdoor activities such as Heritage, Walking and Hiking Trails, stunning parkland Golf, Waterskiing and Wakeboarding, Rallying, Quad Biking, Kayaking, Paintballing, Playgrounds, Clay Shooting, Outdoor Pursuits plus lots more. The County proudly boasts itself as an Angler’s paradise with its multitude of lake and rivers with angler access.
The County is well known as the birthplace of the poet Patrick Kavanagh. There are a number of places that you must visit while in County Monaghan such as the Patrick Kavanagh Centre in Inniskeen, the award winning County Museum, Carrickmacross Lace Gallery, Swallow Studios in Annyalla, the Ulster Canal Stores and the Cassandra Hand Centre in Clones. There is a wealth of Heritage sites around the County and numerous Forest Parks including the impressive Ballybay Wetlands Centre.
Festivals such as the Harvest Time Blues, Monaghan Country Music Festival, Patrick Kavanagh Weekend, the Carrickmacross Festival, Muckno Mania, Irish Bog Snorkelling Championships, Clones Canal Festival, Féile Patrick Byrne, Country Shows plus loads more attract people from near and far.
The friendliness of Monaghan people adds to the attraction of the County with visitors returning to enjoy the magic of Monaghan year after year.
- Notice of Intention to Close the LP4000-0 Aghalile Carrickmacross Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:26:00 BST - Notice
- Notice of Intention of Close the LP49111 Drumerlough Beg Babbington Bridge Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:20:00 BST - Notice
- Notice of Intention to Close the LT46321-0 Lacklom Inniskeen Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:17:00 BST - Notice
- Notice of Intention to LS7800-0 at Rosevale, Castleblayney Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:25:00 BST - Notice
- Notice of Intention to Close the R178-8 Section of CMX to Dundalk Road Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:20:00 BST - Notice