Welcome to County Monaghan’s Portal
Monaghan’s vibrant landscape is full of gentle hills, stunning lakes, small vibrant market Towns and quaint rural Villages. It offers a range of outdoor activities such as Heritage, Walking and Hiking Trails, stunning parkland Golf, Waterskiing and Wakeboarding, Rallying, Quad Biking, Kayaking, Paintballing, Playgrounds, Clay Shooting, Outdoor Pursuits plus lots more. The County proudly boasts itself as an Angler’s paradise with its multitude of lake and rivers with angler access.
The County is well known as the birthplace of the poet Patrick Kavanagh. There are a number of places that you must visit while in County Monaghan such as the Patrick Kavanagh Centre in Inniskeen, the award winning County Museum, Carrickmacross Lace Gallery, Swallow Studios in Annyalla, the Ulster Canal Stores and the Cassandra Hand Centre in Clones. There is a wealth of Heritage sites around the County and numerous Forest Parks including the impressive Ballybay Wetlands Centre.
Festivals such as the Harvest Time Blues, Monaghan Country Music Festival, Patrick Kavanagh Weekend, the Carrickmacross Festival, Muckno Mania, Irish Bog Snorkelling Championships, Clones Canal Festival, Féile Patrick Byrne, Country Shows plus loads more attract people from near and far.
The friendliness of Monaghan people adds to the attraction of the County with visitors returning to enjoy the magic of Monaghan year after year.
- Notice of Intention to Close the LP3720 & LP4410 Annadrumman, Toome & Drumgoose Wed, 04 May 2016 09:13:00 BST - Notice
- Notice to Close the N2 Castleblayney By Pass Wed, 04 May 2016 09:08:00 BST - Notice
- Vacancy - Visitor Information Officer Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:41:00 BST - Vacancy - Visitor Information Officer
- Vacancy - Retained (Part-time) Fire Fighter - Carrickmacross Fire Station Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:20:00 BST - Vacancy
- Notice of Intention to Close the N2 Castleblayney By Pass Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:04:00 BST - Notice