Welcome to County Monaghan’s Portal
Monaghan’s vibrant landscape is full of gentle hills, stunning lakes, small vibrant market Towns and quaint rural Villages. It offers a range of outdoor activities such as Heritage, Walking and Hiking Trails, stunning parkland Golf, Waterskiing and Wakeboarding, Rallying, Quad Biking, Kayaking, Paintballing, Playgrounds, Clay Shooting, Outdoor Pursuits plus lots more. The County proudly boasts itself as an Angler’s paradise with its multitude of lake and rivers with angler access.
The County is well known as the birthplace of the poet Patrick Kavanagh. There are a number of places that you must visit while in County Monaghan such as the Patrick Kavanagh Centre in Inniskeen, the award winning County Museum, Carrickmacross Lace Gallery, Swallow Studios in Annyalla, the Ulster Canal Stores and the Cassandra Hand Centre in Clones. There is a wealth of Heritage sites around the County and numerous Forest Parks including the impressive Ballybay Wetlands Centre.
Festivals such as the Harvest Time Blues, Monaghan Country Music Festival, Patrick Kavanagh Weekend, the Carrickmacross Festival, Muckno Mania, Irish Bog Snorkelling Championships, Clones Canal Festival, Féile Patrick Byrne, Country Shows plus loads more attract people from near and far.
The friendliness of Monaghan people adds to the attraction of the County with visitors returning to enjoy the magic of Monaghan year after year.
- Public Consultation Days - Preliminary Flood Risk Management Options For Monaghan Town and Ballybay Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:12:00 GMT - Notice
- PPN encourages everyone to Vote in the General Election - Don't be Voiceless! Wed, 10 Feb 2016 15:52:00 GMT - news
- Notice of Intention to Close the L1210 & L12101 Derrygassan Tue, 09 Feb 2016 12:27:00 GMT - Notice
- Notice to Close the R178-6 - Dundalk Road at Pierce Avenue CMX Mon, 08 Feb 2016 14:31:00 GMT - Notice
- Notice to Close the R178-7 Dundalk Rd at Drummond Otra Mon, 08 Feb 2016 14:28:00 GMT - Notice