Comhairle Contae Mhuineacháin
Monaghan County Council
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended)
NOTICE OF VARIATION TO THE MONAGHAN COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2019-2025 – VARIATION NO.4
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 13 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) that on 04 April 2022, Monaghan County Council made a variation (Variation No.4) to the Monaghan County Development Plan 2019-2025. The variation includes a new objective within the Settlement Plan for Monaghan Town within the Monaghan County Development Plan 2019-2025,
Objective MPO 16 to, ‘Ensure that all development proposals within the Roosky Lands Master Plan area have regard to the master plan strategy and development objectives of the Roosky Lands Master Plan.’
Reason: To provide a vision for a place making approach that makes use of this sustainable town centre area to create a desirable and convenient place to live, work and thrive, in an area that has considerable development potential.
The variation will also provide for the following minor amendments to the development plan:
- Addition of statements of policy within Section 1, Planning Policy Context, to include references to ‘Our Rural Future’ Rural Development Policy 2021-2025; Housing for All: A New Housing Plan for Ireland 2021; Town Centre First, A Policy Approach for Irish Towns; and UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Update to current Walking and Cycling Strategy, Monaghan Walking and Cycling Strategy 2021-2026 within Section 1, Planning Policy Context
- Update reference to Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets 2020 (Interim Advice Note – Covid 19 Pandemic Response) within Section 1, Planning Policy Context
- Inclusion of reference to National Disability Inclusion Strategy (2017-2022) within Section 1, Planning Policy Context
- Inclusion of reference to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities within Section 1, Planning Policy Context.
- Inclusion of reference to the National Transport Authority’s ‘Local Link Rural Transport Programme Strategic Plan 2018-2022’ within Section 1, Planning Policy Context.
- Inclusion of reference to the Monaghan Land Use and Transportation Study (MLUTS) 2019-2035, and map Figure 8.2 Monaghan Proposed Walking and Cycling Routes within Section 1, Planning Policy Context
- Inclusion of statement within Section 4, Master Plan Strategy, “The Master Plan layout is a concept strategy and indicative only. The development of the Roosky Master Plan area will be subject to detailed design. The detail design will be informed by the policies and objectives set out in this document, and any evidence-based data of the plan area.”
A copy of the development plan as varied is available for inspection at the planning offices of Monaghan County Council during opening hours from 9.15am – 5pm (lunch time closing 1:00 – 1:30 p.m.) and on the Council’s website www.monaghan.ie
07 April 2022