The Human Resources Department is primarily responsible for:
- Recruitment and deployment of staff
- Staff Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Equality and Diversity Management
- Industrial/Staff Relations
Monaghan County Council recognises that staff are the most valuable resource within the organisation and play a crucial role in the achievement of its objectives. The County Council aims to enable all of its employees to grow to their full potential through continual training and participation in the planning and delivery of high quality services.
Staff Training and Development
Monaghan County Council is committed to substantially investing in the training and development of its employees. This commitment ensures that staff have the necessary competencies to enable the County Council deliver a quality service to the public. In order to achieve this aim Monaghan County Council:
- Conducts training needs analyses on an annual basis
- Prepares Annual Training and Development Plans
- Delivers a substantial training programme, using internally and externally sourced trainers, focusing on a wide range of areas including customer service, communications, health and safety, information technology, human resources management, performance management, financial management, change management, project management, attendance management, procurement, dignity at work, child safeguarding, professional and technical expertise and vocational skills
- Systematically carries out an on-going evaluation of training and development activity
Performance Management and Development System (PMDS)
The Human Resources Department co-ordinates the operation of a Performance Management and Development System (PMDS) in Monaghan County Council. PMDS is concerned with ensuring that strategic objectives contained in the County Council’s Corporate Plan are translated into operational objectives for teams and individual employees throughout the organisation. The Corporate Plan is used as a foundation to generate Team Development Plans (TDPs) within every department and this in turn leads to the creation of Personal Development Plans (PDPs) for every employee. These plans contain goals, targets and timeframes that are designed to ensure that staff in the organisation contribute effectively to delivering a quality service to the public. PMDS also places considerable emphasis on identifying the training and development requirements of staff in order to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary competencies to meet the organisation’s aims and objectives.
Equality and Diversity
Monaghan County Council is committed to the principles of equality of access, participation and outcome for all in relation to service delivery and the Human Resource function. The County Council endeavours to ensure that all citizens are treated equally and are not discriminated against on any of the grounds identified in the equality legislation.
The Human Resources Management Department works with Unions and Staff Representatives to achieve good working relationships and is committed to the promotion of a good Industrial Relations environment.
CURRENT VACANCIES PREVIOUS Vacancies
Recruitment and Selection Process Work Experience/Placement