HAVE YOUR SAY ON HOUSING DELIVERY IN COUNTY MONAGHAN!
Monaghan County Council has engaged consultants KPMG Future Analytics to carry out an analysis of existing housing provision in the County, as well as a review of progress on the delivery of housing units on zoned residential land in the County Development Plan 2019-2025, and is seeking contributions from Landowners, Approved Housing Bodies, Planning Agents, Estate Agents and Lending Providers to identify issues affecting the delivery of private housing units within the towns and the villages in the County.
The Housing Provision Review will build up detailed understanding of County Monaghan, assessing concepts of previous plans, and generating new stakeholder-led ideas for the sustainable delivery of both private and social housing in the County. In particular, the Review will include a comprehensive analysis of the issues affecting the delivery of private housing units within the towns and villages of County Monaghan. This approach will enable an evidence-based approach to guide the recommendations to be set out in the final report.
The key specific inputs sought from stakeholders are on the issues preventing or delaying: –
- The release of zoned proposed residential lands for housing developments.
- The bringing forward of planning proposals for housing developments on zoned proposed residential lands.
- The commencement of permitted housing developments on zoned proposed residential lands.
- The completion or sale of permitted housing developments on zoned proposed residential lands.
Views are also being sought from stakeholders on: –
- Whether or not the provisions of Core Strategy of the County Development Plan and subsequent quantum of zoned Proposed Residential A and B lands are preventing or delaying the supply of private housing units.
- Whether or not the provision of significant social housing developments on zoned proposed residential lands are preventing or reducing the supply of private housing units.
Specific surveys have been designed for the various stakeholders to allow Monaghan County Council to develop a comprehensive understanding of specific issues affecting the delivery of housing in County Monaghan. These surveys can be accessed at www.monaghan.ie/planning-housing-provision-review/
The various surveys will remain open until 5pm on Friday 10th June.