Part XI Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended)
Part 8, Article 81 Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended)
Monaghan County Council hereby gives notice that it proposes to carry out development at Ballyalbany Bridge, Coolshannagh Road, Coolshannagh, Mullaghmore East, & Derrynagrew, Co. Monaghan.
The proposed development will consist of
- Construction of a new pedestrian and cycle bridge on the east side of the existing Ballyalbany Bridge. The new bridge will directly abut the existing bridge. The new bridge will be joined to the existing bridge but will be supported independently via new piled abutments and new wingwalls.
- Construction of new embankments on approaches to new bridge.
- Construction of new timber post and rail fencing.
- Construction of new kerb lines for new footpaths and cycle lanes/tracks
- Provision of shared areas for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Provision of uncontrolled crossing points for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Planting of trees and other soft landscaping.
- Provision of new lighting.
- Construction of over-ride areas and narrowing of the existing Park Road / Coolshanagh Walk junction.
- Earthworks / excavations of existing roadways and verges, of existing roadway/footpaths, for service ducts and road crossings, etc.
- All associated Civil works with the above i.e., ducting, drainage, concreting, pavement works, tree felling, hedge removal etc.
- Repair and consolidation of existing bridge masonry, where necessary. The dismantled masonry will be reused as part of the proposed development.
- Partial taking down of boundary wall, parapet wall, buttress and cut-water.
- Extension of existing dry-span through new embankment.
- The proposed development consists of works to a Protected Structure and its curtilage.
In accordance with Article 81(2)(ca) and 120(1B)(b)(i) of the above-mentioned regulations, Monaghan County Council, as the competent authority, has concluded from a Screening Determination, which is based on an examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development, that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development, and as such has determined that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required. This Screening Determination is available for inspection, and at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks from the date of publication of this notice, any person may apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
In accordance with Article 250(1)(ca) of the above-mentioned regulations, Monaghan County Council, as the competent authority, has concluded from a Screening Determination, which is based on an assessment of best scientific knowledge, that the proposed development, either individually or in combination with other plans or projects, is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site, and as such has determined that an Appropriate Assessment is not required. This Screening Determination is available for inspection, and any person may apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effect on a European site.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development may be inspected or purchased, at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours at the offices of Monaghan County Council, Planning Section, No.1 Dublin Street, Monaghan H18 X982 until 5pm on 22nd December 2023.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development may also be inspected online at www.monaghan.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated may be made in writing to Monaghan County Council, Planning Section, No.1 Dublin Street, Monaghan H18 X982 or in electronic format via the Local Government Portal https://planning.localgov.ie/en/search/application before 5pm on 18th January 2024.
A/Director of Services
Monaghan County Council
Dated: 23rd November 2023