Contingency Planning Update
While ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement is still the Government’s preferred outcome, this update is part of a series of Government initiatives, both nationally and in conjunction with the EU, in preparation for the possibility that the UK fails to agree a deal for their departure from the EU on 31st October.
Getting Your Business Brexit Ready: Practical Steps
With just eight weeks to go to the Brexit deadline on 31 October, the Government has published nine practical steps all businesses – large and small – should now take to prepare for the UK’s departure from the EU. The user-friendly digital guide was launched by Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade Simon Coveney TD, Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation Heather Humphreys TD and Minister for European Affairs Helen McEntee TD at International Markets Week 2019.
Further information and the guide can be found here: Getting Your Business Brexit Ready Practical Steps (PDF)
Brexit & Business:
- “Get your Business Brexit Ready: Practical Steps” guide available now to support business owners to take action and get Brexit ready.
- Minister Humphreys urges business owners to accelerate their preparations on a visit to Keelings in North Dublin last week.
- Extension to €100 million Beef Exceptional Aid Measure deadline announced, with one-one clinics available to assist with applications.
- Free upcoming seminars on “Practical steps to keep agri-food trade moving”. Invaluable information will be available at events in Dublin, Cork and Wexford (see below for details).
Brexit & You:
- Drivers with UK licences are being reminded they must exchange it for an Irish licence to ensure they can continue to drive on Irish roads.
- Changes to online retail for consumers buying from the UK are highlighted as research is published by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.
National Ploughing Champtionships: Brexit Hub
Business owners and consumers are encouraged to visit Government of Ireland Brexit Hub at the 2019 National Ploughing Championships. The Hub, located in the Government of Ireland Village, will include stands, exhibitors and demonstrations providing a range of practical tips and information on how to prepare for Brexit, whether you are a businessperson or a consumer.
Government Brexit Events
The Government of Ireland has held over 100 events nationwide to date. See upcoming event details here:
- Practical steps to keep agri-food trade moving; Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine, Dublin Castle (10 Sept) ; Wexford (27 Sept) ; Cork (30 Sept)
- National Ploughing Champtionships; Brexit Hub at the Government of Ireland Village , Carlow (17-19 Sept)
- Customs Workshops & Seminars; Local Enterprise Offices, Nationwide (Sept-Nov)
For more information on upcoming Brexit events, check out www.dfa.ie/brexit/events/