National Heritage Week, an initiative by the Heritage Council, celebrates all things heritage. It brings together communities, families, organisations, cultural institutions, academics and enthusiasts, to build awareness about the value of heritage and support its conservation. The overarching theme for National Heritage Week 2023 is “Living Heritage”. Organisers are also invited to explore biodiversity through events. All events that meet the objectives of National Heritage Week in a meaningful way will be promoted on the National Heritage Week website. To find out more and to register your event please visit https://www.heritageweek.ie/.
Who can apply:
This grant scheme is open to individuals/community groups and not for profit organisations, heritage and biodiversity groups, venues and societies. All groups in receipt of funding from Monaghan County Council must be members of Monaghan PPN.
What Funding is available:
The level of grant assistance for any one event will range from €200 to €500.
To be eligible for funding projects/events must:
- take place in County Monaghan and celebrate an element of Monaghan’s heritage.
- be organised by an individual/community/voluntary group based in Monaghan.
- meet the objectives of Heritage Week in a meaningful way, follow this link for further information https://www.heritageweek.ie/get-involved/project-policy.
- proposed event must be run during heritage week 12th – 20th August 2023.
- be designed on a realistic financial basis and provide good value for money.
- be completed and payment claimed by Friday 29th September 2023.
How to apply:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for the above grant.
The heritage section will forward on the relevant application form and guidelines & criteria to all interested parties.
Any queries can be directed to Sandra McQuaid via email email@example.com
- The closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 9th June 2023.