Data Protection Acts 1988 -2018 (as amended) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Data Subject Notification
The purpose of this notification is to set out some information regarding the collection and processing of your information by Monaghan County Council. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal data about our candidates. Monaghan County Council is the data controller in respect of this data.
Monaghan County Council creates, collects and processes a significant amount of ‘personal data’ and ‘sensitive personal data’ in various multiple formats daily. Our commitment is to ensure that the personal data supplied is:
• Obtained lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
• Collected for only specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
• Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained,
• Recorded, stored accurately and where necessary kept up to date,
• Kept for no longer than is necessary, and, in a form, which permits identification of the data subject,
• Processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing of the data.
For full details of the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data by us and your rights in this regard, please see our full Privacy Notice on the website.
What data we collect and process
The types of personal data that we will collect, and process includes your
o name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone numbers
o (Work, Home and Mobile)
o Title of course you are undertaking
o Dates of Work Experience/Placement requested
o Reasons why you have chosen our company for your period of work experience/placement
o Name and telephone number of contact person in case of an Emergency
o Whether or not you have a disability for which the Council may need to make reasonable adjustments during the work placement
We collect the following Special Category data
Why do we collect this personal data?
We collect and process this information in order to manage and administer the relationship between you and us for the purpose of creating a person profile for you to facilitate your work placement.
Lawfulness of processing
We process personal data in the exercise of official authority vested in us as the controller under Article 6 (1) (e) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the following acts:
• Employment Law
• Health and Safety Legislation
• National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016
• Children First Act, 2015
• National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017
• Disability Act 2005
We process your Special category Personal Data under the Disability Act 2005, Monaghan County Council may also ask if you have a disability
• Where necessary and proportional for the performance of the statutory function conferred on us under the Disability Act 2005 and Employment Law
• To protect your vital interests and those of another person
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with Human Resources personnel and line managers
Further information regarding the sharing of your personal data can be found in our Privacy Notice which is available at Privacy Notice
How long do we keep hold of your information
Requests for work experience/work placements are kept for 2 years in line with our National Retention Policy,
Please note that the retention policy is currently under review.
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your Personal Data, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by phone: (047)30507
Postal Address: Monaghan County Council, County Offices, The Glen, Monaghan