National Broadband Ireland, Vodafone & Minister Heather Humphreys will be launching Drumhowan Community Centre as the 200th BCP nationally, with an event in Drumhowan being hosted by the local Community group. The launch takes place at 11am at Drumhowan Community Centre and can be accesses here on a live stream: https://www.youtube.com/c/FabianMurphyVideoServices/live
The launch will be attended by David McCourt and Peter Hendrick from NBI; Minister Heather Humphreys DRCD, Minister Ossian Smith, DECC and Sinead Bryan, Head of Business from Vodafone Ireland.
Local BCP launches
In the course of the day, Minister Humphreys will also launch 10 BCPs in total across the county. These will celebrate the installation of high speed broadband in rural community buildings across the county, and across the country, opening up a range of diverse opportunities focussing around E-health, remote working, digital learning and Arts & Culture.
As an example of the Arts & Culture theme, the launch in Drumhowan will feature a short performance of Patrick Kavanagh’s poetry from Tommy & John McArdle who are natives of Drumhowan and who are known throughout their country for their work bring this poet’s work to audiences across the country and beyond.
The full schedule of BCP visits
- 9.20am – 11am Minister visits BCPs
- 9.30am Connons
- 10am Tannagh Outdoor Education Centre
- 10.30am Carn Resource Centre
- 11am Minister arrives at Drumhowan for launch of 200th BCP
- 12.30 – 1pm Minister visits BCPs
- 1 – 2pm Break
- 2 – 3.30pm Launch of Monaghan Digital Strategy at C-Tek building in Carrickmacross (tbc)
- Presentation from Aidan MCKenna & official launch in Carrickmacross Civic Offices
- 3.30 – 5pm Minister visits BCPs
- Monaghan GAA Centre of Excellence
- Tullycorbet parish Hall
- Corcaghan Community Centre
- Latton resource Centre
- Latton GAA Community Centre