#MY MONAGHAN – Tourism Campaign
Another #MyMonaghan video is being released today. Each video in the series features local people, talking about their passions and telling their stories.
In the 5th video of the MyMonaghan series, Oliver Gibson from Dromore River Guided Canoe Tours talks about appreciating the beauty on his doorstep along the Cavan-Monaghan border and whiling away a few hours paddling down the river, getting up close with herons, swans and …dogfish!
PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE
#MYMONAGHAN Competition – What’s Your Monaghan?
A Monaghan sunset? The buzz at a festival? Or sheer match day magic?
Monaghan County Council, through the My Monaghan initiative wants to find out what makes Monaghan unique to you and why you just love calling our beautiful county, home. And it could just make you a winner! Here’s how:
- TAKE a picture or make a quick video of whatever it is that best sums up My Monaghan for you.
- SHARE it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #mymonaghan.
- STAND the chance to win! Monaghan County Council Tourism Unit will use the best entries to help promote the county AND three overall winners will be awarded cash prizes as follows:
First prize €300
Second prize €200
Third Prize €100
The following Terms and Conditions apply:
- By submitting an entry, entrants consent to Monaghan County Council Tourism Unit using or reproducing their photographs and videos for the purpose of promoting the county.
- Competition is open to amateur photographers & videographers only
- Winners will be selected by a judging panel and the judges’ decision will be final
- Winners will be announced via the Monaghan Tourism social media feeds on 29 August 2019.
So come on, share the story, tell the tale, celebrate the extraordinary of the ordinary.
Share YOUR Monaghan NOW!
For more information about My Monaghan contact Dympna Condra on 047 73718
Temporary Closing Of Roads
Monaghan County Council gives notice to close the following road in the Municipal District of Castleblayney-Carrickmacross in County Monaghan:
Date & Time of Closure: Wednesday July 31st 8am to Thursday August 1st 6pm
To Facilitate: New Connections to Gas Networks
Road Closed: LT-40008-0 Mullanary Street
Traffic turning onto the LT-40008-0 Mullanary Street from the R178-5 Parnell Street will be diverted onto the R178-5 Shercock Road, then turn Left onto the LP-4930-0 Mullanary Road
Traffic turning onto the LT-40008-0 Mullanary Street from the LP-4930-0 Mullanary Road will be diverted onto the R179-5 Kingscourt Road, then turn Left onto the R927-3 Main Street.
All Detours will be signposted in order to direct the Traffic. (Local Access and Emergency Vehicles will be catered for at all times).
This notice complies with the Roads Act 1993 (Section 75)
Head of Roads
July 18th 2019