Monaghan County Council is delighted that construction commenced in July 2020 on this new and exciting project ‘Monaghan Peace Campus’. This €14.3 million project will provide a new four storey mixed use community building, comprising of a Cultural Heritage Centre, Library, Youth Facility, Shared Community Multi-Functional Space with External Community Space and Underground Parking.
This project is supported by the EU’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB) www.seupb.eu. The financial support provided through the PEACE IV Programme is €9,541,081.
Click here to read more: ‘Monaghan County Council Signs Contract For The Peace Campus Project‘
Progress to Date
Q4 September-December 2020
Works completed to date include:
- Establishment of site compound, office and welfare accommodations.
- Installation of foundation bearing piles and associated mini pilling.
- Erection of Tower Crane and associated foundations.
Works currently ongoing include:
- Casting of foundation pile caps, ground beams and associated stair core foundation slabs.
- Fixing of reinforcement to pile caps, level 0 structural columns, level 0 podium ramp walls and level 0 stair core walls.
- Construction of ESB sub-station.
- Construction of level 0 lift core structure.
- Construction of 2 nr. Attenuation tank bases.
- Storm drainage pipework and service ducting.
Q3 July – September 2020 The site is secure and hoarding is erected. Existing perimeter structures have been demolished. Clearing of site is completed. A Time Lapse camera has been installed. Test Piles installed and tested. Piling is complete. Contractor has liaised with neighbouring residents and Government Departments.
Monaghan Peace Campus Architects Presentation
Click on the images below for a larger image.