Michael Ring TD, Minister for Rural & Community Development recently announced funding of €10 million under the Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme for 2020. The Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme provides funding for the development of new and existing outdoor recreational infrastructure in rural areas. The Scheme is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development in partnership with Fáilte Ireland.
The Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme provides funding for the development of new and existing outdoor recreational infrastructure in rural areas, such as cycleways, walking trails, blueways and mountain access routes. The 2020 Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme (ORIS) will provide funding under 3 separate measures:
• Measure 1: Small Scale repair/Promotion and Marketing (grant up to €20,000).
• Measure 2: Medium scale repair/upgrade and new Trail/Amenity Development (grant up to €200,000).
• Measure 3: Large scale Repair/upgrade and new Strategic Trail/Amenity Development (grant up to €500,000). Project applications are submitted via the Local Authorities under all Measures.
Details of the 2020 Scheme can be found below.
Expressions of Interest are now being sought for projects under all measures. Expressions of Interest should include as much information as possible, including project details, location, estimated cost if known etc.
Please contact your local Municipal District Co-ordinator to discuss potential projects for submission to this scheme as early as possible:
• Ballybay/Clones Municipal District Office – 047 51018
• Carrickmacross/Castleblayney Municipal District Office – 042 9661236
• Monaghan Municipal District Office – 047 73777
The closing date for receipt of Expressions of Interest is Friday 28th August 2020 and all Expressions of Interest should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.