In order to protect the health, safety and well being of members of the public and staff, Monaghan County Council Planning Department wishes to advise that the public counter at No 1 Dublin Street is now closed. Notwithstanding this, the Planning Office remains operational.
The following procedures are currently in place;
1. General Planning Queries – While you may continue to call on 047 30532 as normal, you should note that access to staff through this number is limited. As such it is recommended that you should contact the Planning Authority via email on firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also continue to correspond in hard copy via An Post to the offices of the Planning Authority at No1 Dublin Street, Monaghan.
2. Pre-Planning Meetings – Presently all face to face pre-planning meetings have been suspended. You are requested to conduct all pre-planning discussions by email on email@example.com
3. Planning Applications – All planning applications should be lodged through An Post to the offices of the Planning Office. Similarly, responses to requests for additional information should be submitted in the same manner Viewing a Planning Application – To view a planning application, please go to our website at https://monaghan.ie/planning/ where you can access and view the planning applications which have been submitted.
Submissions/Observations – If you wish to make a submission or observation on a planning application, it should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that you submit a phone number with your submission, so as to enable the Planning Department to contact you for the payment of the prescribed fee by Credit/Debit Card. Alternatively, a submission or observation may be lodged via An Post, in which case it should be accompanied with a postal order or cheque to the value of €20.00.
Please note that a submission cannot be accepted without payment of the prescribed fee of €20.
4. Unauthorised Development – In relation to unauthorised development, please correspond by post or via email to email@example.com
5. Development Contributions – If you have any queries or wish to make a payment in respect of Development Contributions please contact the Planning Authority via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
On 29 March 2020, the Minister and the Government made orders which resulted in the following;
Extension of the Appropriate Period
The period 29 March 2020 to 20 April 2020, inclusive, may now be disregarded when calculating any appropriate period, specified period or other timelines detailed in the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
That up until 20 April 2020, a change of use from premises selling food for consumption on the premises to one providing food for consumption off the premises, shall be considered as exempted development.