Switching off – switching off and being creative or learning something new, getting back to nature and relaxation can help your mental health and wellbeing.
- Turn off – have a certain time everyday to check your social media and the latest news as relentless checking can lead to increased anxiety and stress. Ensure that you rely on trusted sources for information such as the HSE and the Department of Health, as rumour and misinformation can cause undue distress
- exercise – exercise is great to relieve stress and improve your mood. We’ve got some great tips here
- practice some relaxation techniques
- read a book or listen to a story – You can join the library online at libraries.ie and download e-books to read on your own device
- do something creative
- do an online yoga class
- FaceTime a friend for a chat
- watch a funny film or TV show
- YouTube offers a huge variety of tutoring videos for all sorts of interests from cooking to playing guitar, and is a great resource to get you started doing something you enjoy
- if you would like to get more into cooking or baking, following your favourite TV chefs on social media is a great way to find new and exciting recipes for you to try out and wow the whole family
- libraries also have a huge variety of magazines that can be downloaded digitally through their RBDigital app, and you should be able to find one to match your particular hobby!
- if sport and exercise are more your thing, contact Sport Ireland or your local sports partnership for advice and ideas
Rewarding reads is a new campaign from Libraries Ireland and Creative Ireland that is celebrating irish writers and encouraging people of all ages to discover the joy or reading. Libraries have a wealth of books for all ages and interests as well as online library services including free access to eBooks and audiobooks. Join online at librariesireland.ie/join or by contacting your local library.
Monaghan County Libraries
Contact details for branch libraries in County Monaghan.