Temporary Closing of Roads
Monaghan County Council gives notice of its intention to close the following roads in the Municipal District of Carrickmacross-Castleblayney in County Monaghan:
Date of Closure: 3rd June 2022
Times: 6pm to 9pm
To Facilitate: Carrickmacross Street Festival Parade
- Castleblayney Rd from the Ross Rd junction to Monaghan St.
- Monaghan St
- Main St to the Kingscourt Rd junction.
- O’Neill St.
- Bridewell Lane.
- Parnell St.
- Chapel Lane.
- Shirley House Lane
- Righthand Turn Lane on Farney St
Traffic travelling south along the R927 towards the town centre shall be diverted along the following route
- Right onto Ross Rd to the Shercock Rd roundabout
- Around the Shercock Rd roundabout onto Ross Rd
- Left at the junction of Ross Rd and Castleblayney Rd
- Around the Castleblayney Rd roundabout onto the south bound lane of the N2
- Left off the N2 at the Dundalk Rd junction
- Around the Dundalk Rd roundabout onto Oriel Rd
- Right at the junction of Oriel Rd and the Old Ardee Rd
- End Detour
Traffic travelling north towards Castle St shall be diverted along the following route
- Right onto the Old Ardee Rd
- Left at the junction of the Old Ardee Rd and Oriel Rd
- Around the Dundalk Rd roundabout towards the N2 interchange
- Right onto the north bound land of the N2
- Left off the N2 towards the Castleblayney Rd roundabout
- Around the Castleblayney Rd roundabout onto the Castleblayney Rd
- End Detour
Any interested person may lodge an objection to the closing of the above-mentioned roads with the Head of Roads, Monaghan County Council, MTEK II Building, Knockaconny, Monaghan not later than Tuesday 17th May 2022. Any objections must be clearly marked on envelope “Objection to Road Closure”. If you have any queries concerning the proposed road closure, please contact Carrickmacross/Castleblayney Municipal District Office on (042) 9661236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice complies with the Roads Act 1993 (Section 75)
Roads and Transportation
12th May 2022