(In accordance with Article 132 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended))
Further Environmental Information has been received by Monaghan County Council from the Department for Infrastructure, Northern Ireland in relation to the following proposed development:
A5 Western Transport Corridor (A5WTC) comprising the construction of 85 kilometres of new trunk road from just south of Derry at New Buildings, passing through Strabane and close to Newtownstewart, Omagh, Ballygawley and Aughnacloy, Northern Ireland which is subject to environmental impact assessment and appropriate assessment and has potential Transboundary effects. The Further Environmental Information received consists of:
- An Environmental Statement Addendum (ESA 2022) and accompanying Non-Technical Summary (NTS) Revision C, and
- Reports of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment Special Area of Conservation (SAC) Watercourses covering: River Foyle & Tributaries SAC, Owenkillew River SAC and River Finn SAC,
- Report of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment covering Tully Bog SAC,
- Reports of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment Special Protection Areas (SPAs) covering: Lough Foyle SPA, Lough Swilly SPA, and Lough Neagh & Lough Beg SPA, and
- Reports of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment Ramsar Sites covering: Lough Foyle Ramsar Site and Lough Neagh & Lough Beg Ramsar site.
An electronic version of the Further Environmental Information is available for viewing at
The Further Environmental Information is also available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable costs of making a copy from 16th March 2022 to 6th May 2022 (both dates inclusive) during public opening hours (excluding Bank/Public Holidays) at the following location:
The Planning Office, 1 Dublin Street, Monaghan Town, Co Monaghan H18 X982
Submissions or Observations in relation to the above mentioned development may be made in writing to the Planning Authority, Monaghan County Council, Planning Office, 1 Dublin Street, Monaghan Town, Co Monaghan on or before 5.00pm on the 6th May 2022.
Please note there is no fee applicable.
Director of Services