Authorised Waste Collectors
In 1997, Monaghan County Council privatised the domestic refuse collection service in the county. The Council now regulates the collection of domestic waste by licensed waste contractors. You can contact any of the 4 contractors and arrange to have your refuse collected.
- Mahony’s Waste Disposal, Tirkeenan, Monaghan – Paul Mahony, 086 8680359.
- McElvaneys Waste & Recycling Ltd, c/o Scotch Corner, Monaghan – Tel 047 80888.
- Oxigen Environmental, 1st floor block 4, 4, Quayside Business Park, Mill St, Dundalk, Co. Louth – Tel 1890 694436
- Cavan Waste Disposal, Killygarry Industrial Estate, Cavan – Tel 049 4362070
- Blue Dolphin, Kincorragh, Smithborough, Co Monaghan – Tel 047 57786 or 086 2589684
- Ace Environmental Ltd., Lisieux, Cortial, Kilkerley, Cortial, Dundalk, Co. Louth – Tel 042 9377167
- Ecological Waste Management Ltd.,Coes Rd, Dundalk, Co. Louth – Tel 042 932 3030
Householders should ensure their waste contractors hold a Waste Collection Permit.
Monaghan County Council also provide a Hardship Fund to help towards the cost of waste disposal. This Fund is only available to people who are experiencing severe personal and financial hardship i.e. recent diagnosis of a life-threatening illness, following a bereavement etc. It is not available to everyone in the County who has a low income. Application forms can be found in the Download section.
Alternative Waste Disposal
Alternatively householders can dispose of their domestic refuse by delivering it to the Recycling Centre at the Monaghan County Council Landfill site or at the Carrickmacross Recycling Centre for a cost of €6.50 per bag.
Recycling Centre, Scotch Corner, Co. Monaghan
Open Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Open Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Open during lunch
PLEASE NOTE: The Landfill is not open to the General Public.
The penalty for illegal dumping is a maximum fine of €3,000.00. If you need any assistance on collection procedures please contact the Environmental Services on 042 9661240.
Waste Collection Permits
From the 1st February 2012 all new waste collection permit applications and applications for the review of waste collection permits, shall be processed by the National Waste Collection Permit Office (NWCPO), Offaly County Council, Aras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, Co Offaly. Tel (057) 93 46800.
Please visit www.nwcpo.ie for more information.