What work do the staff of the Monaghan Co Council Environmental Services Water Team carry out?
– Farm and business surveys
– Environmental complaints to do with risk of water pollution
– Lake and river monitoring which includes river walks, invertebrate sampling and river and lake sampling
– Planning application assessments for agricultural and commercial applications
– Licensing of authorised discharges to waters
– Complaint investigation of reports of water pollution
If there are any schools interested in learning how we investigate water pollution and use the invertebrate bugs that come from the local rivers to determine the quality of the river please contact JP McEntee on 042 9661240.