Slurry spreading in Co. Monaghan and Guidelines for slurry spreading:
- Chemical fertiliser on land is prohibited from the 15th September to the 31st January.
- Slurry or soiled water on land is prohibited from the 15th October to the 31st January.
- Farmyard manure on land is prohibited from the 1st November to the 31st January.
Organic fertiliser or soiled water shall not be applied to land within:
- 5m of Streams or drains
- 20m of lakeshores
- 25m of domestic wells
- 100-200m of Public water supplies
For Explanatory Handbook for Good Agricultural Practice Regulations – Follow the links below:
Explanatory Handbook for Good Agricultural Practice for the Protection of Waters Regulations 2014 (PDF)
Teagasc – The Irish Agriculture and Food Development Authority
Cross compliance – Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
The EC GAP Regulations contain advice and recommendations for farmers as to
- farmyard management including storage of organic fertilisers
- nutrient management
- prevention of water pollution from fertilisers
- certain activities
- duties of occupiers
- role of public authorities
- soil testing
- storage periods and closed periods for the application of fertilisers