Temporary Closing of Roads
Monaghan County Council gives notice of its intention to close the following roads in the Municipal District of Monaghan in County Monaghan:
Date of Closure: Between Monday 21st June 2021 and Friday 8th October 2021 between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm
Each Road will be closed for a maximum of 2 weeks within the Closure Period
To Facilitate: Road Improvement Works
- R-213: For a distance of 4173m between its junction with the N-12 and its junction with the N-2: Tamlet, Garran Itra, Garran Otra, Tiravray, Lismenan.
- R-162: For a distance of 4528m between its junction with the LP-1500 and its junction with the LS-5503: Tanderageebane, Leagh, Drumacruttan, Toniscoffy.
All Detours will be signposted in order to direct the Traffic. (Local Access and Emergency Vehicles will be catered for at all times).
Any interested person may lodge an objection to the closing of the above-mentioned road with the A/Senior Engineer, Monaghan County Council, MTEK II Building, Knockaconny, Monaghan not later than Tuesday 01st June 2021. Any objections must be clearly marked on envelope “Objection to Road Closure”.
If you have any queries concerning this Road Closure please contact The Municipal of Monaghan, The Glen Offices, Monaghan at (047) 73777 or email email@example.com
Roads and Transportation
20th May 2021
MONAGHAN COUNTY COUNCIL
Environmental Services Funding SCHEME 2021
Monaghan County Council is committed to supporting local communities to promote, enhance and develop their local area. This commitment is supported by the annual Environmental Funding Scheme.
We are now inviting applications for the 2021 funding scheme.
Please note this funding is only for Environmental related projects.
Guidelines on criteria and application forms for the Environmental Services Funding Scheme 2021 can be requested:
- By downloading the forms from monaghan.ie/environment
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By contacting Environmental Services on 042 – 9661240
- For information on specific projects and eligibility please contact Sharon Finnegan, Environmental Awareness Officer – 042 9661240 or email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 11th JUNE 2021.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Signed: Peadar McGuinness,
A/Director of Services,
Climate Action, Environmental and Water Services.
27th May 2021
MONAGHAN LOCAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE (LCDC)
Community Enhancement Programme 2021
Monaghan Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) announces the launch of the Community Enhancement Programme for 2021. This funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP.
Organisations eligible for funding include:
- Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
Those not eligible for funding include:
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations.
This iteration of the CEP will provide:
- grants towards projects or equipment enhancing facilities, and,
- one-off grants towards costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of a facility
The following is a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Note: Requests for assistance usually exceed the funds available. Applicants should be aware that the Programme is likely to be oversubscribed. Therefore, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be for a lesser amount.
Applications will be evaluated by the LCDC to ensure eligibility and consistence with the Local Economic and Community Plan 2016-2021 (LECP) which can be viewed at the following link https://monaghan.ie/communitydevelopment/local-economic-and-community-plan-lecp/
Applications can be made online only at https://monaghan.ie/communitydevelopment/category/grantsfunding-schemes/
This is an online application process only and hard copy application forms will not be accepted.
Closing date for receipt of completed online applications is 5.00 p.m. Friday 16th July 2021. Applications received after this date will be deemed ineligible.
For any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org