Monaghan County Council
TRANSBOUNDARY NOTIFICATION PUBLIC NOTICE.
(In accordance with Article 132 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended))
Further Environmental Information has been received by Monaghan County Council from the Department for Infrastructure, Northern Ireland in relation to the following proposed development:
A5 Western Transport Corridor (A5WTC) comprising the construction of 85 kilometres of new trunk road from just south of Derry at New Buildings, passing through Strabane and close to Newtownstewart, Omagh, Ballygawley and Aughnacloy, Northern Ireland which is subject to environmental impact assessment and appropriate assessment and has potential Transboundary effects. The Further Environmental Information received consists of:
- An Environmental Statement Addendum (ESA 2022) and accompanying Non-Technical Summary (NTS) Revision C, and
- Reports of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment Special Area of Conservation (SAC) Watercourses covering: River Foyle & Tributaries SAC, Owenkillew River SAC and River Finn SAC,
- Report of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment covering Tully Bog SAC,
- Reports of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment Special Protection Areas (SPAs) covering: Lough Foyle SPA, Lough Swilly SPA, and Lough Neagh & Lough Beg SPA, and
- Reports of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment Ramsar Sites covering: Lough Foyle Ramsar Site and Lough Neagh & Lough Beg Ramsar site.
An electronic version of the Further Environmental Information is available for viewing at
The Further Environmental Information is also available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable costs of making a copy from 16th March 2022 to 6th May 2022 (both dates inclusive) during public opening hours (excluding Bank/Public Holidays) at the following location:
The Planning Office, 1 Dublin Street, Monaghan Town, Co Monaghan H18 X982
Submissions or Observations in relation to the abovementioned development may be made in writing to the Planning Authority, Monaghan County Council, Planning Office, 1 Dublin Street, Monaghan Town, Co Monaghan on or before 5.00pm on the 6th May 2022. Please note there is no fee applicable.
Director of Services
Data Protection Acts 1988 -2018 (as amended) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Planning Data Subject Notification
A5 Western Transport Corridor (A5WTC) Environmental Statement Addendum 2022
The purpose of this notification is to set out some information regarding the collection and processing of your information by Monaghan County Council. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal data about our Customers. Monaghan County Council is a data controller in respect of Transboundary Environmental Public Consultation on the proposed A5 Western Transport Corridor (A5WTC) Environmental Statement Addendum 2022
Monaghan County Council creates, collects and processes a significant amount of ‘personal data’ and ‘sensitive personal data’ in various multiple formats daily. Our commitment is to ensure that the personal data supplied is:
- Obtained lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for only specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained,
- Recorded, stored accurately and where necessary kept up to date,
- Kept for no longer than is necessary, and, in a form, which permits identification of the data subject,
- Processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing of the data.
For full details of the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data by us and your rights in this regard, please see our full Privacy Notice on the website.
What data we collect and process
The types of personal data that we will collect, and process includes your name, address, telephone number or email address
Processing of special categories of personal data
Under Article 9(1) of the GDPR regulations, the processing of personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation is prohibited. Therefore, Monaghan County Council requests those making submissions not to include data of this nature in their submission.
Why do we collect this personal data?
We collect and process this information in order to manage and administer the relationship between you and us for the purpose of processing your submissions/observations in respect of Transboundary Environmental Public Consultation on the proposed A5 Western Transport Corridor (A5WTC) Environmental Statement Addendum 2022
Lawfulness of processing
We process this personal data
- to comply with our legal obligations and in the exercise of official authority vested in us as the controller under Articles 132(3)(vi) and 132(4) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended)
- Article 132(5) of the 2001 Regulations requires each planning authority, following consultation with the Minister, to consult with the Department for Infrastructure, NI – sending on a copy of the submissions/observations received, including any submission the authority wishes to make and a summary of those submissions/observations, as requested by the Department for Infrastructure, NI.
Sharing of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be shared with selected third parties, including the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government and Department for Infrastructure, NI., as required to do so by law. Further information regarding the sharing of your personal data can be found in our Privacy Notice which is available at: Privacy Notice
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your Personal Data, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by phone: (047)30507
Postal Address: Monaghan County Council, County Offices, The Glen, Monaghan
Notice of Transboundary State Development.
Comhairle Contae Mhuineacháin
Monaghan County Council
A5 Western Transport Corridor – Further Environmental Consultation
Information has been received in relation to the A5 Western Transport Corridor, Northern Ireland.
The Western Division of the Department of Infrastructure, Northern Ireland has updated the Environmental Statement (ES 2016) with an Environmental Statement Addendum (ESA 2019) and accompanying Non-Technical Summary (NTS Rev’B) together with the Extraction Impact Report on Quarrying in the Townland of Ulbalreagh. These environmental reports have been published for consultation during the period 26 March 2019 to 17 May 2019 should be read in conjunction with the ES 2016 as they provide additional information to update the ES 2016. This documentation is available to view at this link:
In addition, the Reports of Information to Inform an Appropriate Assessment (RIAA), which have been the subject of previous consultations during 2014 and 2017 have also been updated for consultation during the period 4 April 2019 to 9 May 2019. This documentation is available to view at this link:
The proposed development is subject to an environmental impact assessment and has potential transboundary effects.
The information is available for inspection, or purchase at fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours at the offices of Monaghan County Council, Roads Office, MTEK II, Armagh Road, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan
A submission or observation in relation to the proposed development may be made in writing to the Planning Authority, Monaghan County Council within the period of 5 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this notice.
For information regarding the Privacy Notice see: https://monaghan.ie/planning/transboundary-eia-consultation-proposed-a5-western-transport-corridor-submission-observation-privacy-notice/
Director of Services
4 April 2019