SIGNIFICANT FURTHER INFORMATION
Monaghan County Council previously applied for approval on 31st August 2022 from An Bord Pleanála for proposed development works south of Dublin Street and its backlands in the townlands of Roosky and Tirkeenan, within Monaghan Town Centre. The proposed development covers an area of approximately 2.72ha and comprises urban regeneration and public realm proposals, as part of the South Dublin Street and Backlands Regeneration Project (ref. ABP-314501-22).
The further information submission is available to view online from Thursday 25th January 2024 to Wednesday 6th March 2024 (inclusive of both dates), at the links below:
This information is also available in hard copy to inspect and purchase at the following locations:
- Monaghan County Council Planning Offices, 1 Dublin Street, Monaghan, H18 X982 between 09:15-13.00hrs and 13.30-17.00hrs from Thursday 25th January 2024 to Wednesday 6th March 2024 (inclusive of both dates).
- The offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 between 09:15hrs and 17:30hrs from Thursday 25th January 2024 to Wednesday 6th March 2024 (inclusive of both dates).
Submissions and Observations
Any person may, within the period of 6 weeks from Wednesday 31st January 2024 to Wednesday 6th March 2024 (inclusive of both dates), make a submission or observations in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01 V902 or online at www.pleanala.ie in respect of:
- the implications of the proposed development, if carried out, for proper planning and sustainable development in the area or areas concerned, and
- the likely effects on the environment or the likely effects on a European site, as the case may be, of the proposed development, if carried out.
Any submission or observations must also include the following information:
- the name of the person, authority or body making the submission or observations, the name of the person, if any, acting on behalf of that person, authority or body, and the address to which any correspondence relating to the application should be sent,
- the subject matter of the submission or observations, and
- the reasons, considerations, and arguments on which the submission or observations is or are based.
For persons who have already made a submission to An Bord Pleanála in relation to this application, a further submission or observation can be made to the Board without requiring payment of a fee. Further submissions or observations can be submitted to the Board by hand or by post to the offices of An Bord Pleanála at 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01 V902, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who have not previously made a submission to An Bord Pleanála in relation to this application, any submission or observations must be accompanied by a fee of €50 (except for certain prescribed bodies). Submissions or observations can be submitted to An Bord Pleanála by hand or by post to the offices of the Board at 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01 V902, or through the Board’s online SIDS portal at the following link: https://online.pleanala.ie/en-ie/sid/observation.
Any submission or observations must be received by An Bord Pleanála not later than 17.30hrs on Wednesday 6th March 2024. Submissions or observations duly made will be considered by An Bord Pleanála in making a decision on the application.
Submissions or observations made directly to Monaghan County Council in respect of this proposal will not be considered as valid submissions/observations by An Bord Pleanála.