Cavan Monaghan Youth Arts Bursary
The National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) Youth Arts Programme is delighted to invite Applications for the Cavan Monaghan Youth Arts Bursary. Eight bursaries worth €800 each will be awarded, four to County Cavan and four to County Monaghan.
The Bursary Scheme is designed to support young people from Monaghan and Cavan to participate in short youth Arts Projects in collaboration with a Professional Artist and within Youth work and non-formal Education settings.
How do I apply?
Please complete the short online application form:
And submit your application by Tuesday, June 28th at 5pm.
2020 – 2027
Scéim Breisluacha Ealaíontóra Ghairmiúil
Professional Artist ‘s Value added Scheme
AIM: The purpose of the Scheme is to add value in our support to Professional Artists who have been awarded a bursary from bodies such as The Arts Council/Culture Ireland or from any national agency with a remit in funding, developing and promoting the Arts. This Scheme should allow the Artist to develop their art practice and provide Artists with the time and resources to research, reflect and critically engage with their art.
Rationale: Our Shared Strategic actions with the Arts Council under Priority 1 of our joint framework agreement of 2020 -2027
- Supporting Artists Value and support the work of Artists, and extend the range of opportunities for Artists to develop their practice
- We will provide support funding to Artists who have secured external public funds for a project commission from bodies such as The Arts Council or Culture Ireland
Policy: This Scheme is available to professional, individual Artists, at any stage of their career, whose principle place of residence is in County Monaghan. They might be applying or have received a bursary towards the development of their own practice from a designated National Arts Funding Body, such as The Arts Council, Culture Ireland or any State organisation which has a national remit in supporting the Arts.
Criteria and Conditions to observe:
- Open to Individual Artists who work in any and all Art forms
- your principle place of residence must be in County Monaghan
- the Bursary or award from the statutory body must be towards your own creative practice, not as part of a Residency or in collaboration with a 3rd party organisation
- You should Include an M.O.U. from The Arts Office prior to submitting your application to the stated organisation, where possible.
- A copy of the ‘Letter of Offer’ indicating amount being awarded must be supplied before being considered for support.
- only 1 submission will be considered for funding per Artist per Year under this Scheme. An Artist may make multiple funding requests to external bodies.
- There is no minimum amount for consideration under this scheme
- The maximum amount available under this scheme will be €2,000, this sum would be realised if an Artist was awarded €10,250 or above, from the statutory funding organisation (check below to view calculations on this scheme)
- No matter what sum awarded in bursary by the external body to the Artist, MCC’s maximum value-added investment will not exceed €2,000
- This Scheme limit is set on a 1st come basis, when a submission may be considered.
- The total budget available under this scheme in any year will not exceed €10,000
- The onus is on the Artist to Notify the Arts Office of Monaghan County Council within 1 Month of being in receipt of an award, in order to be considered for this Scheme.
- up to €3,000 awarded as a bursary to an Artist from external sources MCC commitment @ 25% of sum awarded to a maximum of €750
- From €3,001- €5,000 if Bursary awarded to an Artist (up to €3K @ 25%) and balance @10% will not exceed €950
- if the bursary is in the range of €5,001 – €20,000, (€950 up to €5K plus @ 20% of any figure thereafter to a maximum sum of €2,000 as a funding limit under this scheme.
- The maximum threshold of €2K of the Value-Added Scheme will be realised at €10,250 of any bursary awarded to an Artist
Le do chás a chur ar aghaidh déan teagmháil linn /To advance your case please contact
An Oifig Ealaíon The Arts Office
Comhairle Contae Mhuineacháin Monaghan County Council
Teach an Mhargaidh The Market House
Baile Mhuineacháin Monaghan Town
047 38162 047 38162
Heartbreak Productions will be performing David Walliams’ Awful Auntie in the grounds of Hilton Park outside of Clones, County Monaghan on Sunday 8th May . Known for staging classics in alternative settings, with incredible audience engagement this performance promises giggles, gasps, and no end of surprises.
This modern family favourite is a truly thrilling tale that follows the fortunes of little Stella Saxby. Owls, ghosts, chases, escapes, motorcycle rides, and tiddlywinks all fill Stella’s days as she evades her menacing Aunt and saves the family home.
The open air production is sure to start the summer off on the right note. Monaghan’s very own Blasta Street Kitchen food truck will be available with lots of delicious treats. Bring a low-backed chair or rug to sit on, as seating is not provided. Heartbreak Productions does perform in all weathers (unless there is danger to the actors or the audience) so be sure to dress appropriately.
“We are delighted to welcome back our summer programme of open-air theatre to Hilton Park and especially thrilled to kick off with a show for family audiences. It will be an even greater joy to see children enjoying themselves again without restrictions in place. We are so grateful to the Local Live scheme, Department of Culture and to Monaghan council for their funding support” Joanna Madden, Hilton Park.
Standard tickets: Child €10 Adult €15 Family €45 and can be booked at Eventbrite. Show begins at 3pm (2hrs duration) and gates open from 1pm.
Visit www.hiltonpark.ie for more info.
Arts Partner Grant Applicants Amount Awarded
1 Castleblayney Drama Festival € 4,000
2 The Garage Theatre, Monaghan Town € 19,000
3 Ballybay Arts Initiative € 4,000
4 Íontas Theatre, Castleblayney € 22,000
5 Féile Patrick Byrne, Carrickmacross € 3,840
6 Muckno Mania, Castleblayney € 3,000
7 Clones Film Festival € 10,000
Total € 65,840