CLONES ARTISTS’ STUDIOS /STIÚIDEO EALAÍONTÓIRÍ CLUAIN EOIS
THE OLD POST OFFICE, The Diamond CLONES, COUNTY MONAGHAN
Tá Comhairle Contae Mhuineachán ag lorg / Monaghan County Council are seeking
léirithe spéise ó Ealaíontóirí gairmiúla /expressions of interest from professional artists
(open to various Art practices, oscailte do chleachtais Ealaíne éagsúla)
IN RENTING NON-RESIDENTIAL STUDIOS/ WORKSPACE FOR INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS
2 studios available + 1 flexible project space
Submissions of interest SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Name and address
- CV no more than 2 pages or relevant career information
- Timeline/ length of stay
- 2 Studios (full-time occupancy) max 1 year (may be renewed). Minimum 6 months
- flexible project space, minimum 1 week -maximum 1 month
(1 artist submission per year)
- 6 Images, Video, Website Link, or relevant career track record
- Proposal /Artist Statement– no more than 200 words.
This should include the type of work or process you wish to carry out
The Deadline for SUBMISSIONS is Thursday 30th March 2022
A project supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme,
managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB)
Monaghan County Council will provide a Licence/ Lease agreement to the Professional Artist(s) who wish to undertake a specific Project or engage in the development of their creative work Practise. All Art forms will be considered, having due regard to the limitations of the building. It will not be possible to accommodate Artists who might work in larger scale or who use materials unsuited to the fabric of building. The building’s architectural design and layout does limit access within the building.
Clones Artists’ Studios is owned and operated by Monaghan County Council. The Artist led workspace & facility was co-founded by Monaghan Artists Collective the Artists Eileen Ferguson and Joanne Behan in 2011. It has been refurbished with the generous support of funding from the An Roinn Turasóireachta, Cultúir, Ealaíon, Gaeltachta, Spóirt agus Meán | Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport & Media and as a project supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB).
A dedicated programme will be devised in the next year which will aim to deliver on some of the key aspirations of our funding partners that will form part of the creative output of the Studios
Clones Artists’ Studios is in the old Victorian Post Office which was built in 1903 and situated in the historic town of Clones, County Monaghan https://www.clones-ireland.com/ this building is a Heritage listed Building situated in a central location of the Town.
Clones is the administrative town of the Municipal district of Ballybay – Clones https://monaghan.ie/ballybay-clones-municipal-district/
Clones Artists Studios is a key facility in the one of the County’s premier cultural events the annual Clones Film Festival, held at the October bank holiday weekend https://www.clonesfilmfestival.com/ and is a venue for Culture Night held in September.
Clones is also only 15mins away from the Internationally renowned The Tyrone Guthrie Centre http://www.tyroneguthrie.ie/ at Annaghmakerrig a residential workplace with a residency programme in Ireland for artists of all disciplines.
Rent: € 150 per month per studio, considered as full-time occupancy
Studio 1 (access by narrow Stairs) Dimensions 17.2m2, Ceiling Height 3m
Studio 2 (access by narrow stairs) Dimensions 13.7m2, Ceiling height 3m
Flexible project space Rent €75 p/w (old sorting office) Fully accessible
The Artists’ Studio provides secure, bright, and heated workspace with Wi-Fi.
Criteria & Conditions
Access into the building will be from 8am – 8pm
The Artist must have their own Insurance.
Applicants must satisfy some of the requirements listed below.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognised Third Level College
- Work has been commissioned/purchased by a State Institution, such as the Local Authority, The Arts Council, Museum, or a Corporate Client.
- Has been awarded a Bursary, Residency, or Grant aided by The Arts Council(s) of Ireland, Local Authorities, or other funding bodies.
- Created work in any art form or discipline which was staged, published, exhibited and /or recognised by your peers
Submissions will be assessed on the following Criteria by An Arts Panel:
- The level of experience or commitment to developing their Professional Practice
- The Quality of previous creative work
- The Clarity and suitability of the Applicants Proposal
- The degree to which a studio will enhance the Artist’s Practice and development
The Deadline for SUBMISSIONS is 30th March 2022
Contact Please send your Expression of Interest to email@example.com
- Applicants will be notified by early May 2022 whether their submission is being considered, as an Artist suited to the Studio.
- Monaghan Council County reserves the right to hold the Artists information in order that we may set up a panel which may be active for 12 months., unless otherwise notified by Artist.