To apply for Trade Plate Licences, please submit the following to your Motor Taxation Office:

  • A fully completed and signed Trade Licence Application Form RF700.


  • Evidence of registration for Value Added Tax (VAT) number or in case where the turnover does not exceed the minimum amount required for VAT registration the Revenue and Social Insurance (PPS) number of the applicant.


  • Evidence of valuation for Rating Purpose of the applicants premises or, if the premises are new and not yet valued, evidence of the Planning Permission.


  • Current Certificate of Insurance under the Road Traffic Act 1961, appropriate to Motor Trader.


  • If applicable, the Trade Plate(s) previously obtained has been lost, stolen or destroyed you will need an RF134 along with your RF700 (Trade Plate renewal Form).