Local Authorities are required to carry out an annual review of their winter operations and prepare a Winter Service Plan prior to the onset of winter. The purpose of the plan is to identify the processes, procedures and resources utilised in the provision of a winter maintenance service. Monaghan County Council in its plan endeavours to maintain a clearly defined network of priority traffic routes in a passable condition subject to resource availability. Primary responsibility for road safety remains at all times with all road users particularly drivers of vehicles.
The public are advised to:
- Look at the designated Salting Routes and decide the best options to ensure access to the main routes for emergency services and essential trips.
- Adapt their driving to the prevailing weather conditions.
- Have a winter service check carried out on their vehicles.
- Consider purchasing materials, salt and/or winter tyres for the winter.
- Consider car pooling or public transport.
- Visit our Winter Driving Section
- Visit the Be Winter Ready Website
Other Useful Information
|PURCHASE A SALT BIN||LOCAL SALT SUPPLIERS|