Data Protection Acts 1988 -2018 (as amended) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Arts Opportunities, Events and Festivals Subject Notification
The purpose of this notification is to set out some information regarding the collection and processing of your information by Monaghan County Council. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal data about our Customers. Monaghan County Council is the data controller in respect of this data.
Monaghan County Council creates, collects and processes a significant amount of ‘personal data’ and ‘sensitive personal data’ in various multiple formats daily. Our commitment is to ensure that the personal data supplied is:
• Obtained lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
• Collected for only specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
• Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained,
• Recorded, stored accurately and where necessary kept up to date,
• Kept for no longer that is necessary, and, in a form, which permits identification of the data subject,
• Processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing of the data.
For full details of the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data by us and your rights in this regard, please see our full Privacy Notice on the website.
What data we collect and process
The types of personal data that we will collect, and process includes your name, telephone number, email address and in some cases your postal address.
We do not process Special Category Personal Data.
Why do we collect this personal data?
We collect and process this information in order to manage and administer the relationship between you and us for the purpose of delivering information to Artists and Arts Opportunities, attending Festivals Arts Events and activities where you have subscribed to same.
Lawfulness of processing
We process this personal data
• with your consent under Article 6 1(a) of GDPR.
• In the exercise of official authority vested in us as the Controller under The Arts Act 2003 and the relevant Arts Council Guidelines
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties, including for example Local Artists or other Arts Officers. We may also share your data with other Local Authorities. Further information regarding the sharing of your personal data can be found in our Privacy Notice which is available at: Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your Personal Data, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted
by email: email@example.com
by phone: (047)30507
Postal Address: Monaghan County Council, County Offices, The Glen, Monaghan, H18 YT50.