Retailers of electrical & electronic equipment can either choose to register with Monaghan County Council and pay an annual fee (current fee €20 p.a.) or register free with European Recycling Platform Ireland (ERP), which is a one off on line registration which dos not need to be renewed each year.
Retailer WEEE obligations
- Any retailer who takes back WEEE must be registered with either MCC or ERP Ireland.
- They must ensure that any WEEE collected is delivered to an approved collection facility (Scotch Corner Recycling Centre & Carrickmacross Recycling Centre)
- They must ensure that private householders are informed of the WEEE take back facilities available to them.
- They must ensure that the storage and transport of WEEE collected meets the requirements of the regulations.
- They must not sell electrical & electronic products from a ‘producer’ who is not in possession of a valid certificate of registration or certificate of renewal of registration.
- They must display the appropriate signage.
A copy of the Waste Management (WEEE) regulations 2005 as amended are available from the download section.
If it has a plug or battery it can be recycled!
Electrical Waste can be recycled year round at Scotch Corner Recycling Centre and Carrickmacross Recycling Centre.
There are usually one or two open days organised in one of the County Towns on an annual basis