Legislative Procedure for Traffic Calming Procedures under the Road Traffic Act 1994
Under the Road Traffic Act 1994 (As Amended) A road authority may, in the interest of the safety and convenience of road users, provide such traffic calming measures as they consider desirable in respect of public roads in their charge.
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994 (As Amended) of the following scheme:
Installation of a Pathway with Street Lighting, and to include Cushion Ramps on the L-2100-0 at Tirnahinch, Clones Town, Co Monaghan.
The proposed scheme will consist of:
- Installation of a new Pathway along the LHS of the L-2100-0 terminating at the Border with Co.Fermanagh.
- Traffic Calming Measures ie. Cushion Ramps.
- Installation of Street Lighting.
- Erection of new signage and landscaping throughout the scheme.
- Relocation of all affected 3rd party utilities where required along the length of the scheme.
- Accommodation Works to all Associated Landowners.
- Installation of Drainage pipework where required.
- All associated site works.
In accordance with Section 38 of the above-mentioned legislation, Monaghan County Council, as the competent roads authority has concluded that the above scheme complies with relevant section of the legislation, based on the nature, size and location of the proposed scheme.
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme are available for inspection at the offices of the Road Section, MTEK II Building, Knockaconny, Armagh Road, Monaghan and also at Ballybay/Clones MD Office, The Diamond Clones Town, during office hours from the 14th April 2022.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions, please contact the above mentioned offices to make an appointment to view the Plans and Particulars.
Submissions and observations in relation to the proposed works, may be made in writing to the Roads Section, Monaghan County Council, MTEK II Building, Knockaconny, Armagh Road, Monaghan or MD Offices. up to 5pm on Monday 16th of May 2022.
Senior Engineer Roads Section,