The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, has announced the Town and Village Renewal Scheme (TVRS) 2023 to support small to medium capital projects which enhance the environment of town or village centres. Grant funding for projects will range from €20,000 to €500,000.
Following the launch of Our Rural Future, and subsequently the Town Centre First Policy, there has been some amendments to the Town and Village Renewal Scheme. Our Rural Future will see increased investment out to 2025 in remote working infrastructure to provide an opportunity for people to continue to live in rural communities while following their career ambitions.
The 2023 Scheme is designed to support the revitalisation of rural Ireland through a renewed focus on town centre regeneration and enhancing economic and social vibrancy in line with the Town Centre First policy.
The 2023 Scheme will focus on objectives such as:
- Town Regeneration projects
- Enhancing our streetscapes
- Green spaces / recreational amenities in town or village centres
- Refurbishment of existing community centres
- A new option to allow local authorities to acquire plots of land to enable development of town regeneration, such as town parks, plazas, etc.
- Bringing vacant and derelict buildings/ back into use as multi-purpose or community spaces
- Projects to support town or village centre markets, e.g. farmers markets or artisan markets.
- Town/village centre plaza development
The 2023 scheme will be targeted at three categories of Towns/Villages as follows:
- Category 1: Towns and villages with a population of up to 5,000 people.
- Category 2: Towns with a population of 5,001 to 10,000 people.
- Category 3: Larger towns with a population of up to 15,000 people may be eligible where the application is of a high quality and outlines a strong need for the investment, good value for money and positive outcomes that will have a substantial impact on the town.
For the 2023 Scheme, the minimum grant which is available is €20,000.
The maximum level of grant funding available is €500,000 in respect of one application from each Local Authority.
A maximum of €250,000 will apply in respect of 4 applications.
1 application must be in respect of Towns/Villages that have not previously received funding under the Standard Town & Village Renewal Scheme in the last 3 years.
As in previous years, applications will be assessed on a competitive basis.
Please ensure that you have fully completed the application form before submitting.
All Expressions of Interest should be received no later than 5.00 p.m. on Monday 28th August 2023 by email to email@example.com
Late Expression of Interest’s will not be considered after the closing date.
Application form and Scheme outline located here: https://monaghan.ie/communitydevelopment/2023/07/26/town-and-village-renewal-scheme-2023-applications-are-open-now/