Are you interested in joining Monaghan’s Older People’s Council?
Monaghan Older People’s Council is looking for new members and is inviting all Monaghan residents aged 55 and upwards to join.
The Council provides a platform for older people to take a more active role in their communities and to have their voices heard on relevant issues both within Monaghan and nationally.
Quarterly meetings of the Council take place and issues raised are followed up with various stakeholders in the Age Friendly Alliance including Monaghan County Council, the HSE, An Garda Síochána, transport providers and local voluntary organisations.
Membership of the Monaghan Older People’s Council is inclusive and is open to all Monaghan residents aged 55 and upwards, to reflect the views of all older people throughout the county. Everybody will be made to feel welcome!
What is Monaghan Older People’s Council?
- Monaghan Older Peoples Council is a voluntary community group made up of individuals and representatives of older people’s groups in Co. Monaghan. It aims to improve the quality of life for older people in Monaghan.
- Monaghan Older People’s Council will aim to ensure the voice of older people is represented at the relevant structures in Co. Monaghan.
- Monaghan Older People’s Council will aim to raise issues of concern for older people in the county with local and national decision makers.
- Monaghan Older People’s Council will provide regular updates by email which will include news, events of interest and information about relevant services available.
- Members of Monaghan Older People’s Council sit on the Age Friendly Alliance along with decision makers of statutory agencies and local service providers. Members also sit on the National Network of Older Peoples Councils.
If you are interested in joining or would like more information about Monaghan’s Older People’s Council please contact Barry Eaton, Monaghan Age Friendly Programme Manager, by emailing Beaton@monaghancoco.ie or by phoning 086 3134557.