You can use the Online Catalogue
We have introduced big changes in the library service in recent years. Monaghan County Libraries is now part of the ‘Libraries Ireland’ network.
Libraries Ireland is a government-sponsored initiative providing ready access to the library stock of all public libraries in Ireland. So what does this mean to you the customer – first of all you will have access to all the books and stock from all 344 public libraries in Ireland, which is over 10 million items!! Wow….
Other changes for you the customer are:
- It will be easier to search and request items, and get recommendations using the new shared library catalogue
- You will have a much wider range of books and other items to choose from
- You can borrow up to 12 items for 3 weeks from any branch in the country
- We will send you a reminder, by email, to let you know that your books are due back, to avoid fines; that items you requested are ready for collection and to let you know about library events
- New online area with improved access to borrower’s accounts, making it easier to update your items from home.
- You MUST have your library card with you every time you visit the library to borrow books or use the internet as library staff will have limited access to borrower accounts.
- You will be able to use your Monaghan Library card in other Irish public libraries.
If you need any further information on this, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or contact 047-74700.
*Please note you may only access your account if you have your Library Card Number and a PIN number. You can obtain your PIN from Library Staff.