What do we need for the wellbeing of the people of County Monaghan? That is the question posed by Monaghan Public Participation Network (PPN). We want to hear from the public and groups/organisations across County Monaghan on what do they think we have that makes each of our towns and villages so great but what do they need to help them be even better for now and future generations.
The PPN is hosting a series of workshops in each Municipal District to start this important conversation under six themes:
- Environment and Sustainability
- Economy and Resources
- Health (physical and mental)
- Participation Democracy and Governance
- Social and Community Development
- Values culture and meaning
Workshops take place in as follows
- Tuesday 3rd March Westenra Arms Hotel, Monaghan Town Registration 6.30pm Workshops commence 7pm
- Wednesday 4th March The Old Post Office, Clones Registration 6.30pm Workshops commence 7pm
- Thursday 5th March Iontas Centre, Castleblayney Registration 6.30pm Workshops commence 7pm
The public and groups/organisations will also get the opportunity to take part online. By taking part in this process we get to hear what is important to the people living in each of these Municipal Districts.
All of the data will be brought together to be collated into a Community Wellbeing Vision statement. This vision statement will help influence future policy such as County Development Plan, Local Economic Community Plan and it will help PPN representatives when they attend their respective County Council committees.