Monaghan Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
Community Enhancement Programme 2020
Monaghan Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) announces the launch of the Community Enhancement Programme for 2020. Projects or elements of project of a capital nature may be funded.
Organisations eligible for funding include:
- Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
- Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding.
Those not eligible for funding include:
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises. This does not include regular routine maintenance
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Note: Requests for assistance usually exceed the funds available. Applicants should be aware that the Programme is likely to be oversubscribed. Therefore, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be for a lesser amount.
Applications will be evaluated by the LCDC to ensure eligibility and consistence with the Local Economic and Community Plan 2016-2021 (LECP) which can be viewed at the following link https://monaghan.ie/communitydevelopment/local-economic-and-community-plan-lecp/
Funding will be ringfenced as follows:
- At least 30% of grant aid will be ringfenced for grants of €1,000 or less.
A further 30% of grants will be ringfenced for grants up to €2,500.
- With the remainder of funding to be awarded at the discretion of the LCDC.
Applications can be made online only.
Click on the link below to open the Online Application Form which opens in a new window:
Community Enhancement Programme Application Form >>
This is an online application process only and hard copy application forms will not be accepted. Closing date for receipt of completed online applications is 12 noon Monday 7th September 2020. Applications received after this date will be deemed ineligible.
For any queries please email: email@example.com Or contact: 047 73720 / 047 73717 / 047 73707