Monaghan Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) announces an additional phase (Round 2) to the Community Enhancement Programme for 2020. The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) provides capital grants to community groups with the aim of enhancing facilities in disadvantaged areas.
In June 2020 the LCDC launched the CEP aimed at all community groups with a fund in the county of €55,451, (Round 1). The LCDC is now implementing the €109,947 fund, (Round 2) under the CEP, which will provide capital grants towards the maintenance, improvement and upkeep of community centres and community buildings in County Monaghan. Similar expenditure on other community facilities will also be allowed.
This funding is being made available under the Government’s July stimulus package, and is targeted at measures that stimulate local economies, while enhancing facilities in disadvantaged areas.
This fund will be administered in a manner similar to the CEP that was launched in June 2020 (Round 1), but with a later closing date, due to its’ later launch. Any applications received under Round 1 in respect of Community Centres and Community Building will be automatically redirected to Phase 2 and not considered under Round 1.
Capital expenditure on adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19 may be eligible, depending on the work being completed.
Applications should be made to the LCDC by 12 noon Monday 5th October, 2020.
General conditions of the scheme:
Projects or elements of project of a capital nature may be funded.
Organisations eligible for funding include:
- Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
- Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding.
Those not eligible for funding include:
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises. This does not include regular routine maintenance
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Note: Requests for assistance usually exceed the funds available. Applicants should be aware that the Programme is likely to be oversubscribed. Therefore, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be for a lesser amount.
Applications will be evaluated by the LCDC to ensure eligibility and consistence with the Local Economic and Community Plan 2016-2021 (LECP) which can be viewed at the following link https://monaghan.ie/communitydevelopment/local-economic-and-community-plan-lecp/
Funding will be ring fenced as follows:
- At least 30% of grant aid will be ring fenced for grants of €1,000 or less.
- Further assessment criteria may be added by the LCDC prior to the closing date and if so, this will be communicated via usual channels.
- With the remainder of funding to be awarded at the discretion of the LCDC.
Applications can be made online only:
Click on the link below to open the Online Application Form which opens in a new window:
Community Enhancement Programme fund for Community Centres and Community Buildings Application Form>>
Community Enhancement Programme fund for Community Centres and Community Buildings Application Guidelines (PDF) >>
This is an online application process only and hard copy application forms will not be accepted. Closing date for receipt of completed online applications is 12 noon Monday 5th October 2020. Applications received after this date will be deemed ineligible.
For any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or contact: 047 73720 / 047 73717 / 047 73707