Monaghan Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) announces the launch of the Community Enhancement Programme for 2021. This funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP.
Funding for this scheme is provided by the Department of Rural & Community Development.
Organisations eligible for funding include:
- Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
Those not eligible for funding include:
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations.
This iteration of the CEP will provide:
- grants towards projects or equipment enhancing facilities, and,
- one-off grants towards costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of a facility
The following is a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Note: Requests for assistance usually exceed the funds available. Applicants should be aware that the Programme is likely to be oversubscribed. Therefore, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be for a lesser amount.
Applications will be evaluated by the LCDC to ensure eligibility and consistence with the Local Economic and Community Plan 2016-2021 (LECP) which can be viewed at the following link https://monaghan.ie/communitydevelopment/local-economic-and-community-plan-lecp/
Applications can be made online only at https://documents.monaghancoco.ie/Forms/CEP2021
This is an online application process only and hard copy application forms will not be accepted.
Closing date for receipt of completed online applications is 5.00 p.m. Friday 16th July 2021. Applications received after this date will be deemed ineligible.
For any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org