Data Protection Acts 1988 -2018 (as amended) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Nomination of Election to the Monaghan PEACEPLUS Partnership
Data Subject Notification
The purpose of this notification is to set out some information regarding the collection and processing of your information by Monaghan County Council for the purposes of nomination of Election to the Monaghan PEACEPLUS Partnership and the selection of a balanced and representative mix of social partners. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal data about our service users. Monaghan County Council is the data controller in respect of this data.
Monaghan County Council creates, collects and processes a significant amount of ‘personal data’ and ‘sensitive personal data’ in various multiple formats daily. Our commitment is to ensure that the personal data supplied is:
- Obtained lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for only specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained,
- Recorded, stored accurately and where necessary kept up to date,
- Kept for no longer that is necessary, and, in a form, which permits identification of the data subject,
- Processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing of the data.
For full details of the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data by us and your rights in this regard, please see our full Privacy Notice on the website.
What data we collect and process
The types of personal data that we will collect, and process includes your name, telephone number, email address.
We will collect the following Special Category data
The types of Special Category data that we will collect includes data relating to ethnic or religious origin, sexual orientation, or disability status.
Monaghan County Council will only process this personal data with your explicit consent and only for the purposes of the selection of a balanced and representative mix of social partners.
Why do we collect this personal data?
We collect and process this information in order to manage and administer the relationship between you and us for the purpose of nomination for Election to the Monaghan PEACEPLUS Partnership and the selection of a balanced and representative mix of social partners.
Lawfulness of processing
We process this data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and in exercise of official authority vested in us as the controller under the Local Government Act 2001, and Article 6(1)(a) and (e) GDPR.
We process your Special Category data under Article 9 (2) GDPR and the Equality Acts 2004 (as amended)
How long do we hold your personal data held for?
We will keep your personal information for the lifetime of this project and in line with Monaghan County Councils National Retention Policy.
Special Category Personal data will only be retained for the purposes of helping to establish the Monaghan PEACEPLUS Partnership. This personal data will be securely destroyed within 3 months from the date of collection.
What are individual rights with respect to the processing of personal data?
Individuals have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data the council holds about them.
- The right to require the council to rectify any inaccurate personal data about them without undue delay;
- The right to have the council erase any personal data it holds about them in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for the council to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if individuals have withdrawn their consent to the processing;
- The right to object to the council processing personal data about them such as processing for profiling or direct marketing;
- The right to ask the council to provide their personal data to them in a portable format, or where technically feasible, for the council to port that personal data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people;
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of their personal data.
Where the processing of personal data is based on an individual’s consent, to that processing, individuals have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that the council have carried out before the withdrawal of this consent remains lawful.
Individuals may exercise any of the above rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer and making a Data Subject Access Request in writing.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties within Monaghan County Council and including for example the funding government Departments, other Government Agencies where required to do so by law. We may also share your data with other Local Authorities, and other third parties who assist us in fulfilling our functions. Special category data, i.e. data relating to ethnic or religious origin, sexual orientation, or disability status, will not be shared. Further information regarding the sharing of your personal data can be found in our Privacy Notice which is available at: Privacy Notice
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your Personal Data, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted;
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: (047)30507
By post: Monaghan County Council, County Offices, The Glen, Monaghan