Work Matters At The Library
Are you looking for a job or a career change? Are you thinking of starting your own business? With professional staff and access to a broad range of services, the library is a place to explore, connect, research, study and learn new skills. Work Matters is a pilot national initiative and offers services at Monaghan, Clones and Carrickmacross Libraries. This service is a partnership initiative of Monaghan Libraries and Libraries Ireland supporting business start-ups, job seeking and career change.
What we offer:
• Free library membership
• Professional staff to provide direction and help with your research
• Wide variety of books tailored towards aiding careers including books on how to write the perfect CV, business tips and developing new skills.
• PCs and Internet access and free Wifi
• Printing, scanning and photocopying. Monaghan Library has a mobile printing service, allowing users to send print jobs into the library printer in advance of their visit
• Meeting room space, study & research space
• Online learning – services with access to over 500 e-learning courses and e-languages
• Business and employment books, eBooks, eAudiobooks, journals, newspapers, magazines, trade journals, reports and scholarly journals. Visit https://monaghan.ie/library/digital-library/ for full details
• Online catalogue with access to items nationwide
• Workshops, presentations and networking opportunities
• Computer Courses
• Dedicated Work Matters laptop to research business ideas or look for job vacancies
• Market Research and Company Information
• Space for meetings, study and research
• County development plans
• Government Information
• Workshops, presentations & networking opportunities
Business & employment related books, newspapers, magazines and information leaflets are available. Topics covered include job seeking, CV preparation, interview skills, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, business planning, marketing and PR, HR, accounting and health and safety.
Online resources for Business can be found at http://www.librariesireland.ie/business/
Online resources for Jobseekers can be found at http://www.librariesireland.ie/employment/
For further information of Work Matters, visit: https://www.librariesireland.ie/services/work-matters
24/7 access to an Online Library
Monaghan County Library Service is delighted to announce a complete new Digital Library Service. This includes access to thousands of E-Books, E-Audio Books, Full Colour Digital Magazines, Online Newspapers, Mango Languages and over 500 courses in the Universal Class.
In order to use these services you must have an up to date Library Card. You will be asked to enter your Library Card details which can be found under the Barcode eg. MONA******
Library Membership is Free to all but you will need to provide proof of address and photo ID to join.
We hope you enjoy our new services.
For information on how to get started please visit our Online Help Section